Oakland Athletics GM David Forst spoke to the media prior to the team’s 6-3 loss to the Houston Astros Sunday and discussed a variety of topics including the team’s dismal start to the 2023 season.
“I think it’s hard to describe how things have gone,” general manager David Forst said Saturday morning before the A’s played the Astros. “This is not what anybody imagined. It’s frankly hard to explain. It’s a little bit of a perfect storm of a lot of inexperience and young players combined with a lot of veteran players not, sort of, playing to their expected level. Throw in a bunch of injuries and you sort of get where we are right now.”
Forst also voiced his support for manager Mark Kotsay and said that no changes to the coaching staff have been discussed. He also said that he doesn’t think the impending move to Las Vegas has impacted the team’s on-field performance.
- A’s recall Hogan Harris, option Adrian Martinez to Las Vegas
- Hogan Harris impressive, but A’s drop 10th straight with loss to Astros
- Harris’ second MLB outing a full reversal from first
- A’s lose 10th straight game despite rebound from lefty Hogan Harris
- Tony Kemp on struggles: ‘It’s going to turn’
- A’s hoping to hoodwink Nevada legislators like Raiders hoodwinked Oakland
- How Oakland takes back the Coliseum and its sports destiny from the A’s
- Chad Pinder to retire
- Orioles option former top prospect Grayson Rodriguez after 9-run start
- Royals release Hunter Dozier
- Giants place Their Estrada on 10-day injured list
- Willy Adames discharged from hospital: ‘All the news has been good’
- Rangers place Ezequiel Duran on IL with oblique injury
- Former MLB right-hander David Hess says cancer has returned
Best of Twitter
Hogan Harris discusses Saturday’s performance
Hogan Harris says finding a rhythm on the rubber was the biggest difference from his first outing to today pic.twitter.com/jM477X5XSj— A's on NBCS (@NBCSAthletics) May 27, 2023
Interim manager Darren Bush on Harris
Interim manager Darren Bush was impressed with Hogan Harris' five-scoreless innings on the bump pic.twitter.com/YlUXtTdpA3— A's on NBCS (@NBCSAthletics) May 27, 2023
Dave Forst says that the potential move to Vegas isn’t something impacting the team’s on field performance.