After suffering another series loss in Texas, the Oakland Athletics will continue their road trip with a four-game series against the Los Angeles Angels. Ken Waldichuk and Mason Miller are listed as the probable starters for the first two games of the series. Miller was sharp in his debut allowing two runs while striking out five in 4 1/3 innings against the Cubs. JP Sears would be on turn to pitch in the third game of the series, but Oakland will likely need another spot starter for Thursday’s finale against Shohei Ohtani.
- A’s drop series to Rangers with 5-2 loss Sunday
- Kyle Muller gains momentum despite rocky homecoming
- Athletics acquire Sam Long from Giants for cash considerations
- The change that is driving Matt Chapman’s hot start
- Logan O’Hoppe to miss 4-6 months with torn labrum in shoulder
- Dodgers planning to activate Tony Gonsolin for Wednesday start
- Giants activate Joc Pederson from 10-day injured list
- Guardians prospect Daniel Espino to visit doctor about recurring shoulder soreness
- Cardinals activate Paul DeJong, DFA Taylor Motter
- Justin Verlander on track for Mets debut vs. Tigers
- Rays extend win streak to 13 at Trop
Best of Twitter
Shea Langeliers takes Jacob deGrom deep.
What an outstanding catch by Tony Kemp.
Mark Kotsay on Kyle Muller’s performance Sunday.
Mark Kotsay analyzes Kyle Muller's performance in today's loss to Texas pic.twitter.com/c7L1nIWMbw— A's on NBCS (@NBCSAthletics) April 23, 2023
Muller wasn’t great Sunday, but it was an improvement over his last two outings.