The Oakland Athletics will begin the Cactus League schedule on February 25 against the Arizona Diamondbacks. On Friday, manager Mark Kotsay disclosed his pitching plan for the opener with JP Sears and Freddy Tarnok both scheduled to pitch according to MLB.com’s Martín Gallegos. The rotation competition figures to be one of the biggest storylines of the spring and both Sears and Tarnok could figure into the mix with a strong performance.
JP Sears and Freddy Tarnok both of whom threw side sessions today, are expected to pitch in the A's first Cactus League game on Feb. 25, per Mark Kotsay.— Martín Gallegos (@MartinJGallegos) February 17, 2023
- Ramon Laureano laster-focused on rebound season
- Oakland A’s 2023 Community Prospect List No. 12
- Paul Blackburn feeling confident, ready to follow up All-Star season
- New A’s outfielder JJ Bleday arrives with a goal: Dominate the heater
- Ji-Man Choi loses arbitration case with Pirates
- Clayton Kershaw “bummed” to withdraw from World Baseball Classic
- William Contreras eager to improve with Brewers
- Rangers sign Robbie Grossman, adding LF platoon option
- MLB.com’s Mike Petriello lists the 11 most improved teams for the 2023 season
- Cubs sign Edwin Rios to major league deal
- The Phillies and Aaron Nola have recently exchange extension offers
- Red Sox right-hander Brayan Bello shutdown with forearm soreness
Best of Twitter/YouTube
Evan Drellich was the guest on the latest episode of A’s Cast Friday.
More pics from spring training.