It’s Friday and the offseason is slowly heating up to a simmer. A plethora of option decisions have been made the past couple of days and the free agency picture is becoming clearer, not that it matters much for the bargain-hunting Oakland Athletics.
However, A’s fans do have something to get excited about soon. Oakland’s City Council has scheduled a vote next Tuesday on a resolution that urges that A’s to stay in Oakland where they belong. The resolution emphasizes the city’s desire for the team to build a new stadium in Oakland as well as the work and progress it’s made toward that oob.
The City, along with the Port of Oakland, have a press conference scheduled for 2:30 p.m. that day prior to the 4 p.m. City Council meeting to rally support for and draw attention to the resolution’s goals. Oakland is encouraging as many A’s fans as possible to attend the event and wear the newly released “STAY” t-shirts, a spinoff of this season’s infamous “SELL” shirts.
BIG A's NEWS: The @PortofOakland and City officials will join forces on Tuesday. @Kaplan4Oakland has moved forward a resolution regarding the joint effort to provide a reduced scale home for the team at Howard Terminal. There will be a press conference and we're urging fans to… pic.twitter.com/YsLyHaOicy— Michael Colbruno ☮️ (@MikeOpera) November 3, 2023
If you’re attending the event and can’t get your own “STAY” shirt, the Oakland 68s will be handing out a 150 of them at the press conference on Tuesday.
We are bringing 150 stAy shirts to the Oakland City Hall press conference on 11/7. They will be given out to fans on a first come first serve basis.— Oakland 68s (@Oakland68s) November 3, 2023
Whether you are coming or not, please consider donating to our efforts to create and fund them at https://t.co/WvVf66Bdsb pic.twitter.com/FjPreigvg8
Whether or not you’re able to get your hands on a “STAY” shirt, show up for the city and make some noise to urge the A’s to stay in Oakland!
- NEW Oakland City Council A’s Resolution - What it means and what’s next (video)
- A’s Fans Being Provided One More Chance to Make Noise Before Owner’s Vote
- A’s To Select Lazaro Armenteros
- Baseball America: 2023 MLB Farm System Statcast Hitting Rankings [A’s Ranked 13th] ($)
MLB News & Interest:
- Silver Slugger Award finalists announced
- Rangers bask in glory of first title parade in franchise history
- MLB’s all-playoffs team: The players who dominated in the 2023 postseason ($)
- Clayton Kershaw Undergoes Shoulder Surgery; Hoping For Summer Return
- Cody Bellinger Declines Mutual Option With Cubs
- White Sox To Decline Option On Liam Hendriks
- Dodgers Decline Option On Lance Lynn
- Mike Clevinger Declines Option With White Sox
- Justin Turner Declines Player Option
- Wade Miley Declines Mutual Option With Brewers
- Angels Decline Options On Aaron Loup, Eduardo Escobar
- Phillies Decline Option On Scott Kingery
- Matt Carpenter Exercises Player Option
- Mets To Exercise Club Option On Brooks Raley
- Report: MLB Grants Yariel Rodriguez Free Agency
- White Sox Outright Trayce Thompson, Clint Frazier
- Craig Counsell Reportedly Looking To Reset Market For Managerial Salaries
- Padres To Interview Carlos Mendoza
- Yainer Diaz To Be Astros’ Primary Catcher In 2024
- KBO and NPB stars we could see in MLB soon
Best of X:
Finally a press tour that’s not John Fisher’s.
Congrats to Young Max!
Max Muncy makes the Fall Stars roster. https://t.co/n9TVJpzTeA— Melissa Lockard (@melissalockard) November 3, 2023
All I see is the 81.7% chance that the A’s don’t get the #1 pick.