Happy New Year, Athletics Nation!
I hope 2023 is off to a fine start for everyone. Baseball has been a bit slow over the holidays, leaving us to mull the state of things or what may be, with less actually happening in the here and now. Apropos, I highly recommend checking out the moderately bullish prospect comps that Nico closed out 2022 with, if you haven’t already.
I’m sure business will be gearing up around the league now with the holidays behind us, and before we know it, Spring Training will be upon us. But for now, I’ll savor my last moments of respite before diving into what promises to be a speedy and industrious 2023.
All the best in the year ahead, AN!
MLB News & Interest:
- McDonald: Looking At The Mariners’ Payroll Situation
- Hampton: The Angels’ Potentially Elite Rotation
- Hampton: Free Agent Profile: Andrew McCutchen
- Polishuk: How AL Teams Have Addressed Their Weakest Positions Of 2022
- Polishuk: How NL Teams Have Addressed Their Weakest Positions Of 2022
- Polishuk: Managers & Top Front Office Executives On Expiring Contracts
- Today in Baseball History
Best of Twitter:
For any who say baseball doesn't work in Oakland...— Brodie Brazil (@BrodieNBCS) January 2, 2023
Let Bill King school you. pic.twitter.com/fhpuGjYdKc
What goes to Vegas, blows in Vegas.
Remembering the legend 50 years later.
On December 31, 1972, Roberto Clemente lost his life in a plane crash while attempting to deliver supplies to earthquake victims in Nicaragua.— MLB (@MLB) December 31, 2022
Today, on the 50th anniversary of his passing, we remember his incredible legacy on and off the field. pic.twitter.com/89WOYVVALt