With the frustrations of the lockout, we are spinning our wheels, looking for ways to pass the time, hoping for anything in the way of baseball news. Time to become the master of your domain, the keeper of the keys, and the GM of your favorite team. Let’s talk hypothetical trades!
I, personally, am on a quest to find a trade partner for the Minnesota Twins.
- Acquire a stopgap SS (preference would be a plus defender with a decent bat)
- Find starting pitchers to fill the depleted rotation
*Extra bonus: add a 4th OF type who can play some CF, maybe steal a few bases
Twins top Trade Chip(s):
- Outfielder and former top-100 prospect Trevor Larnach (22.6)
- The payroll flexibility to take on additional salaries
- MLB role players and Top-25 Prospects:
CF: Celestino (2.9)
OF: Rooker (1.9)
UTL: Gordon (1.8)
#11: Cavaco (3.8)
#12: Urbina (4.2)
#13: Miller (3.6)
#14: Wallner (3.6)
#16: Sabato (3.0)
#18: Soularie (2.4)
#20: Rodriguez (4.5)
#23: Steer (2.1)
#24: De Andrade (2.4)
#26: Severino (.7)
- A lot of discussion about OAK’s desire to cut payroll. I’m looking at Bassitt (17) or Manaea (18.5) and Andrus (-4.2) but would be very excited to see an OF like Kemp (3.2) or Brown (3.3) and/or a younger SP like Blackburn (0), Jefferies (2.9), or Irvin (5.1) added. What would it take to make this deal happen?
Links lead to Fangraphs’ profile of each playerNumbers in parentheses reflect the Baseball Trade Value of each player