The 2020 MLB season is on hiatus, and there’s no telling when baseball might start again. In the meantime, let’s play some trivia!
Friday was the anniversary of Rickey Henderson breaking the all-time MLB record for career stolen bases. He finished his career with 1,406 steals, and while not all of them came in an Oakland uniform, enough of them did to give him a comfortable margin at the top of the franchise leaderboard.
The question is, how many of the rest of the team’s top 20 career leaders can you name? We’re just looking at Oakland history, so everyone starts in 1968, even if they played for the Kansas City A’s before that. I have constructed a quiz on the website Sporcle to test your knowledge, with the following instructions:
- Oakland years only, from 1968-2019
- You can go in any order, with 10 minutes and unlimited guesses to fill 20 spaces.
- You only need to type the last names to register the answers.
- However, you do have to spell them right!
- As an extra hint, I’ve included the year that each player debuted with Oakland (but of course not all the steals came in that year)
- Read the next paragraph about how to not spoil the answers for everyone else in the comments section.
Share your results in the comments, BUT DON’T SPOIL ANYTHING!! There is an option in the comments for ”spoiler text,” which will black out that particular text until the reader puts their mouse over it to reveal it. If you are going to share right/wrong answers, please use the spoiler option. It’s on the row of options like bold, italics, etc., all the way on the right side, in between the option to add a hyperlink and the option to add a smiley face; it looks like a black square.
DON’T BE THAT PERSON WHO SPOILS THE ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS.
Alrighty, here is the quiz! It’s embedded below, or you can click here to play it on Sporcle’s site.
How did you do? Are there any that you can’t believe you missed?