The 2020 MLB season is on hiatus, and there’s no telling when baseball might start again. In the meantime, let’s play some trivia!
On this date in 1974, Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth’s all-time record for most career home runs. Aaron’s mark has since been surpassed as well, but the replay of his record-breaking 715th dinger is one of the most iconic highlights in the sport’s history. It even has Vin Scully on the call, since Aaron’s Braves happened to be playing the Dodgers that night.
This is a significant day in the history of dingers, so let’s make it the topic of today’s quiz. The question is, can you name the top 15 players on the Oakland A’s career home run list, in order? I have constructed a quiz on Sporcle to test your knowledge, with the following instructions:
- Oakland years only, from 1968-2019
- You only need to type the last names to register the answers.
- However, you do have to spell them right!
- You must go in order, though you have an unlimited number of guesses for 10 minutes.
- 8th place is a tie, so I had to arbitrarily pick an order for those two players (I went with chronological). Unfortunately you have to guess them in that order.
- Read the next paragraph about how to not spoil the answers for everyone else in the comments section.
Share your results in the comments, BUT DON’T SPOIL ANYTHING!! There is an option in the comments for ”spoiler text,” which will black out that particular text until the reader puts their mouse over it to reveal it. If you are going to share right/wrong answers, please use the spoiler option. It’s on the row of options like bold, italics, etc., all the way on the right side, in between the option to add a hyperlink and the option to add a smiley face; it looks like a black square.
DON’T BE THAT PERSON WHO SPOILS THE ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS.
Alrighty, here is the quiz! It’s embedded below, or you can click here to play it on Sporcle’s site.
How did you do? Were you able to finish the list, and how many tries did it take you?