The 2020 MLB season is on hiatus, and there’s no telling when baseball might start again. In the meantime, let’s play some trivia!
The A’s have played 52 seasons in Oakland, and they’ve featured plenty of star players along the way. Every year, someone finishes at the top of the team’s WAR leaderboard. The question is, how many of those 52 annual WAR leaders can you name? In this quiz, we’ll only be looking at position players, rather than mixing them together with pitchers.
I have constructed a quiz on the website Sporcle to test your knowledge, with the following instructions:
- Position players only (no pitchers)
- We’re using Baseball-Reference bWAR
- You can go in any order, with 10 minutes and unlimited guesses to fill 52 spaces.
- You only need to type the last names to register the answers.
- However, you do have to spell them right!
- There are two years that finished in ties, so the tiebreaker went to whichever player had the higher FanGraphs fWAR that year.
- Read the next paragraph about how to not spoil the answers for everyone else in the comments section.
Share your results in the comments, BUT DON’T SPOIL ANYTHING!! There is an option in the comments for ”spoiler text,” which will black out that particular text until the reader puts their mouse over it to reveal it. If you are going to share right/wrong answers, please use the spoiler option. It’s on the row of options like bold, italics, etc., all the way on the right side, in between the option to add a hyperlink and the option to add a smiley face; it looks like a black square.
DON’T BE THAT PERSON WHO SPOILS THE ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS.
Alrighty, here is the quiz! It’s embedded below, or you can click here to play it on Sporcle’s site.
How did you do? Are there any that you can’t believe you missed?