- Webeck: What we learned Sunday at Oakland A’s HQ: Second base battle begins to clear up … a little (S)
- Haft: Barreto makes case for second base job
- Bair: Why Sean Murphy is catcher A’s, Bob Melvin long have been waiting for
- Brazil: Bobby Crosby paying it forward with A’s prospects as Ports manager
- Kawahara: A’s first-round pick Logan Davidson impresses in first big-league camp ($)
- Terranova: Ken Singleton: A’s not Astros are Yankees’ biggest AL roadblock
- Nightengale: ‘Wouldn’t want to be in their shoes’: Athletics ready to end Astros’ reign in AL West
- Stibrik: Hair today, bun tomorrow - Oakland A’s on their mane management routines
- Zencka: Orioles Claim Hector Velazquez
- Anderson: Orioles’ Trey Mancini leaves team, will miss time due to non-baseball medical procedure
- Perry: Rangers’ Willie Calhoun suffers fractured jaw after getting hit in face with fastball
- Goold: Before injury exam, Munoz left team without notice and flew home, so Cardinals released him
- Rosenthal and Drellich: MLB plans to start season on time; Rob Manfred to speak to owners about COVID-19 ($$$)
Baseball Interest Stories:
- MLB.com: Sights and sounds from MLB’s return to Domincan Republic (first MLB game in the D.R. in 20 years)
- Frederickson: Yario Munoz mystery weighs heavy on Cardinals manager Shildt
- Baggarly: ‘Like a ghost’: Barry Bonds comes to terms with his legacy in a changing sport ($$$)
- ‘We want to be here. We want to win.’ White Sox lock up Eloy Jimenez, Luis Robert and Yoan Moncada with long-term success in mind.
- 1912 - Joseph (Arky) Vaughan is born in Clifty, Arkansas. In 1935 Vaughan, a shortstop, put up a batting line of .385/.491/.607.
- 1981 - The Chicago White Sox sign prized free agent catcher Carlton Fisk. The future Hall of Fame receiver was declared a free agent in February after the Boston Red Sox failed to mail him a contract by the deadline imposed under the Basic Agreement. Fisk batted .289 with 18 home runs for the Red Sox in 1980.
- 2017 - Luke Hughes hits a two-run homer off Kwon Ju and drives in four runs to lead Australia to an 11 - 0 rout of China in a Pool B game in the 2017 World Baseball Classic.
Best of Twitter:
Full list of yesterday’s spring roster cuts...
Today's cuts: IF Sheldon Neuse and OF Dustin Fowler optioned to Triple-A Vegas. SS Logan Davidson, OFs Greg Deichmann, Buddy Reed and Dillon Thomas reassigned to minor-league camp #Athletics— Matt Kawahara (@matthewkawahara) March 8, 2020
The high-speed camera revolution is here my friends...
CH's and Adding Depth (Thread)— Alex Valasek (@alexvalasek) March 8, 2020
In many cases, the main culprit to CHs missing depth is one or more fingers pushing behind the baseball (left video).
By changing finger placement, we are able to:
✅ Kill Spin
✅ Boost spinEff
✅ Increase HB
✅ Kill Nearly 8 inches of lift pic.twitter.com/fkhJIxmU4o
The A’s Marketing team is hiring...
Stoked to announce that A’s Social is hiring!— Kyle Skinner (@Jarom_pls) March 6, 2020
Come work with me, @HuntsCharlie and the rest of the A’s Marketing Department on creating dope stuff including hella Tik Toks.
DMs are open.https://t.co/3clDspnJxg pic.twitter.com/Fth4H4TI3D
Interesting take on New York’s failures with Sonny Gray...
Saving this for the next time someone replies to a Filthy Sonny Gray tweet that:— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) February 28, 2020
"Sonny couldn't handle the bright lights of NY"
Maybe NY couldn't handle Sonny?
[From https://t.co/pCozBmwRHy Full podcast was great. If your interested in pitching, be sure to watch or listen.] pic.twitter.com/Ubw9Vz16oW
Best of YouTube:
If you apply for the A’s Marketing job, you’ll have a high bar to meet for writing commercials...