- Kleinschmidt: A.J. Puk has no structural damage in shoulder; return still uncertain
- Hall: First round of A’s Spring roster cuts
- Bair: Frankie Montas’ rise to A’s frontline starter not all about splitter
- Kawahara: A’s Matt Chapman simplified his swing this offseason and eyes consistency in 2020 ($)
- Coffey: The results now may not matter, but A’s Mike Fiers is finding his midseason form ($$$)
- Justice: Here’s how A’s can win AL West title
- Rubin: A’s pitcher Frankie Montas opens up about his PED suspension ($)
Best of AN:
- Iversen: Khris Davis and the future of the A’s
- Ciderbeck: A look at the pitch repertoires of A’s starting pitchers
- Adams: Brewers Extend Christian Yelich
- Collins: Red Sox sign Collin McHugh to a one-year deal
- Ballantini: White Sox extend Moncada with five-year, $70 million pact
- Anderson: Yoelkis Cespedes, half-brother of Yoenis, to be declared free agent in March
Baseball Interest Stories:
- McDaniel: Kiley McDaniel’s top 100 prospects for 2020 ($$$)
- Bowman: Félix Hernández leads Braves’ rotation battle
- Zimmerman: The Angels are considering Patrick Sandoval, Jose Suarez, Matt Andriese, and Jaime Barria for the rotation
- Sharma: Big Data Darvish: Yu goes into the Cubs’ Ivy to find answers ($$$)
- Reichard: Future of MLB Game Broadcasts Still Being Developed
- 1973 - Larry Hisle of the Minnesota Twins becomes the first designated hitter in major league history during an exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Hisle makes the new American League rule look good by collecting two home runs and seven runs batted in.
- 2014 - Dr. Frank Jobe, the pioneer surgeon who performed the first ligament replacement surgery on pitcher Tommy John in 1974 and then popularized the technique that has saved hundred of pitchers’ careers, dies in Santa Monica, CA at age 88. He had been a medical adviser to the Los Angeles Dodgers for 50 years, continuing even after his retirement from regular practice in 2008.
Best of Twitter:
A’s coverage intensifies..
I’m delighted to announce I’ll be back covering the Oakland A’s this year. I’m joining Sports Illustrated. The site went live today, & I'm talking about the A’s being ready to move past the Astros: https://t.co/eynEt1V9Of. I’m looking for this to be a fun ride. I hope you enjoy.— John Hickey (@JHickey3) March 5, 2020
So many baubles that bobble...
This went super viral, so a mandatory post here I suppose...
Mike Trout hitting rockets isn’t exclusive to the baseball field. pic.twitter.com/tuEyIzxqQ5— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) March 2, 2020
Chappie dinger alert (also, note the uber-nerdy Twitter handle)...
Photoshop skills already in midseason form here...