- Augustine: Pitch Design: An Idea to Improve Jesus Luzardo’s Swinging Strike Rate
- Kleinschmidt: Relive A’s most memorable Opening Day moments from past 20 seasons
- 10/11 Sports: Diekman enjoys extended time at home, stays ready for season
- Slusser: A’s Marcus Semien prepares for all eventualities, including no MLB season ($)
- Hickey: With No Opening Day, A’s Manager Bob Melvin Isolates and Waits
- White: A’s pitcher Liam Hendriks says friend died of coronavirus in emotional post
- Passan: MLB, MLBPA agree to deal on stoppage
- McDaniel: MLB draft likely to be in July, may be shortened
- Hickey: With Opening Day Axed, MLB Commissioner Sketches Out What Lies Next
- McWilliams: Red Sox sign Yairo Munoz, 25, to minor league deal
- Byrne: Optioned Players: Red Sox, Twins, Cubs, Astros, Rangers
Baseball Interest Stories:
- Baumann: The Necessary Evils of MLB’s Contingency Plan for a Canceled Season
- USA Today Staff: Despite postponement of season, here are our World Series picks and award winners
- Sawchik: When Baseball Comes Back, How Much Time Will Pitchers Need?
- stlcardsfan4: How much money did Yairo Munoz cost himself?
Baseball History Reader’s Club:
- Valot: MLB’s First Bonus Baby And The Hollywood Big Shot Who Changed Baseball (story of the first sports agent to represent an MLB player)
- 1937 - On the advice of Ty Cobb, Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio reduces the weight of his bat from 40 ounces to 36 ounces.
- 1977 - The Oakland Athletics trade All-Star outfielder Claudell Washington to the Texas Rangers for two prospects and cash considerations.
- 1996 - Voters in San Francisco vote 2-to-1 in favor of a privately-funded stadium to replace Candlestick Park, the windy 36-year-old home of the Giants. The passage of the measure, the first step towards building the 42,000 seat bayside park, exempts the Giants from the waterside height restrictions. Plans call for the park to be ready for Opening Day, 2000.
- 2000 - In just 17.6 seconds, the Kingdome is demolished into a mound of rubble over 65 feet high thanks to 21.6 miles of detonation cord and 5,800 holes filled with gelatin dynamite.
Best of YouTube:
Credit to Bored25 for finding this YouTube channel...
Best of Twitter:
Glenn and Vince will call your backyard baseball game footage...
Your home videos narrated by our broadcasters!— Oakland A's (@Athletics) March 20, 2020
Send us a video of your fam passing time with baseball, whether that's a mini living room game or BP in the backyard, and our broadcasters will record play-by-play of your clip for a highlight package to be released next week! pic.twitter.com/iqKCd6D8Wk
This is just ridiculously cute and wholesome...
For the Dallas Braden fans out there...