- A’s manager Bob Melvin was suspicious of dugout camera in Houston for years, says Sonny Gray ($)
- Gallegos: Injury update: No elbow damage for Jefferies
- Moriarty: A’s Farm’s 2020 Top 10 Prospects List
- Thanawalla: Russell Martin draws free-agent interest from A’s, others
- Gallegos: Notes: Luzardo turns heads; Brown hits slam
- Harrigan: 50 HRs AND a Gold Glove? This guy could do it (Matt Olson)
- Kawahara: Can A’s Marcus Semien build on breakout 2019? He sees a path to improvement ($)
- Brazil: A’s pitchers Jesus Luzardo, A.J. Puk plan to live together in Oakland
- MLB.com: Injury updates: Snell, Judge, Cutch, Suárez
- Justice: These roster battles are getting interesting
Baseball Interest Stories:
- Warne: What Changed for Homer Bailey in Oakland?
- Laurila: Sunday Notes: Red Sox Prospect Jarren Duran is a Speedy, Intense Anomaly
- Harris: May 2, 1951: Rogovin, Ginsberg, and Limmer make Jewish baseball history together (Jewish P and C vs. Jewish batter, A’s v. Tigers)
- 1966 - Commissioner William Eckert voids the contract recently signed by collegiate star Tom Seaver. The Atlanta Braves had signed Seaver to a $50,000 bonus a week earlier, but Eckert cites a rule prohibiting teams from signing players while their college seasons are ongoing. A special draft will be held after the collegiate season to reassign Seaver’s rights.
- 1973 - Eddie Bane of Arizona State University pitches a 9 - 0 perfect game against Cal State Northridge. Bane will rack up a record of 41-4 in college. He will eventually reach the major leagues with the Minnesota Twins, but will win only seven games in three seasons.
Best of Twitter:
Get well soon Susan. And a warm welcome to Mr. Kawahara, who already has a couple articles posted in today’s Rumblings...
It’s @matthewkawahara for us! Also I’m going to be on the IL for awhile, Will. Broke my ankle playing hockey last night. No I’m not joking.— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) March 1, 2020
GOAT bat boy feeling nostalgic...
It’s like seeing a picture of my childhood home. I saw about 800 games there in the 7O’s alone. The people I met during that unique period in American history were colorful https://t.co/qsL5tz5NvM can’t make it up !!! I could get you in and out of that stadium 24 hours a day https://t.co/QJBaTSTvWy— MC HAMMER (@MCHammer) March 1, 2020
For members of the growing Seth Brown fan club...
Team can pitch...
Team can field...