- Brazil: Why A’s players want to wear ‘perfect’ Kelly Green uniforms even more
- Hill: Oakland Athletics and their International Man of Mystery
- Marine Layer: Gone Baby Gondola
- Felber: Oakland Athletics: understanding who’s running my team
- Adams: Taijuan Walker Works Out For Teams
- Adams: James Paxton Out Three To Four Months Following Back Surgery
Baseball Interest Stories:
- McManamon: Brad Mills: A baseball life that forged an unshakeable friendship with Terry Francona ($$$)
- Litan: Will Congress save certain Minor League Baseball teams from the chopping block? ($$$)
- Leitch: 5 ‘bystanders’ most affected by the Betts trade
- Footer: Here’s how AL West rotations stack up
- Posnanski: The Baseball 100 - No. 51, Al Kaline... ($$$)
- 1895 - Babe Ruth is born in Baltimore, Maryland. Ruth, who is considered by many to be the greatest player of all time, will start his career as a successful pitcher before amassing 714 home runs with 2217 RBI and a lifetime batting average of .342 on his way to Hall of Fame election in 1936.
- 1968 - Voters in King County, Washington, whose seat is Seattle, approve by 62 percent a $40 million bond issue to build a domed, multipurpose stadium.
- 1976 - The American League grants the new expansion franchise in Seattle to a six-man investment group that includes movie star and entertainer Danny Kaye. The new franchise, to be called the Mariners, will start play in 1977.
- 2010 - The Blue Jays acquire P Dana Eveland from Oakland for future considerations.
Best of YouTube:
Editor Note: I know YouTube better than Twitter, so during this month’s Rumblings I may occasionally replace Best of Twitter with Best of YouTube and highlight A’s / baseball videos of interest. - CB
No No: A Dockumentary - I Had the Acid in Me: Dock Ellis reveals what he was thinking during his no-hitter.
Ghostride the Vovlo: Digging into the vault for an A’s fan YouTube classic. Two words: Dan. Johnson.