- Gallegos: Khrush being held out with mild calf strain
- Brazil: Khris Davis Q&A: A’s slugger discusses teammates, favorite breakfast
- Poindexter: The Five Players Who Need To Shine For The Oakland A’s To Topple The Houston Astros
- Brazil: Ryan Christenson tasked with ‘grindy’ chore of getting A’s ready to go
- Rubin: Four things we learned from A’s HQ: Breaking down position races, A.J. Puk’s nasty slider to Kris Bryant ($)
- CatfishBunter: Spring Game #1: Cubs’ dozen bests A’s deuce in preseason opener
- baseballgirl: Game #2, #3: A’s Drop Both Games to NL West
- Franco: Padres To Sign Brian Dozier To Minor-League Deal
- AP: White Sox agree to deals with Aaron Bummer and Leury Garcia
- Valenzuela: Yoenis Cespedes is speaking again (as long as no one asks about the accident on his ranch)
Baseball Interest Stories:
- Hill: Oakland Athletics: Jose Canseco wants to replace Rob Manfred
- Paschal: Question: What Would We Name the Team This Day? (American League)
- Schulman: Former A’s pitchers hope to give Giants’ black and orange a green and gold tint ($)
- Blengino: MLB’s Best Cutters And Splitters Are Thrown By Homer Bailey, Anibal Sanchez And Walker Buehler
- 1926 - Southpaw Eddie Plank, winner of 327 games in 17 years, dies at 51 in his native Gettysburg, PA.
- 1966 - University of Southern California pitcher Tom Seaver is signed by the Braves. The deal will later be voided, and the USC stand-out will be selected by the New York Mets in a special draft.
- 1977 - The Oakland A’s trade Ron Fairly to the Toronto Blue Jays for minor leaguer Mike Weathers and cash. The Macon, Georgia native, who played with the Montreal Expos from 1969 to 1974, will become the first major leaguer to appear with both Canadian teams.
Best of Twitter:
Kaval throwing shade at Bruce Jenkins for criticizing the no local radio decision...
Meanwhile, Vince is doing his best to catalog I.T. concerns. If you’re having troubles, do speak up!...
I could get used to this (that third pitch, oh yeah)...
AJ Puk started his spring off by retiring Kris Bryant on three straight pitches. pic.twitter.com/DnyylSJBo8— Alex Fast (@AlexFast8) February 23, 2020
Fans showing love for Mike “The Snitch” Fiers, American Hero...
Fan reaction to Mike Fiers, today’s starter. Fan toward the end says he saved baseball. pic.twitter.com/vOh3rNVcUm— Shayna Rubin (@ShaynaRubin) February 23, 2020
Landis looking oh so dapper...
#OTD in 1934, Brooklyn Dodgers hire 43-year old Casey Stengel (seen here with Kenesaw Mountain Landis) as their new manager. It would be Casey's 1st managerial job, in three seasons he never finished better than 5th and never won more than 71 games. Photo Source - @baseballhall pic.twitter.com/NmtR8g0cW1— Old-Time Baseball Photos (@OTBaseballPhoto) February 23, 2020