- Kleinschmidt: A’s contacted MLB about Astros cheating before Mike Fiers interview
- Slusser: A’s Khris Davis opens up about rough season, ‘tremendous weight’ he carries ($)
- Todd: Athletics To Sign Michael Ynoa
- Slusser: Surgery has A’s non-roster pitcher Tanner Anderson breathing freely ($)
- Slusser: A’s Daniel Mengden lost 25-30 pounds with intestinal issue this winter ($)
- Rubin: Jesús Luzardo, A.J. Puk not on innings limit, Daniel Gossett returns and Mengden in a sling
Best of AN:
- DavidS: All-Time Oakland Athletics All-Stars by Single Season WAR - The Outfield
- Iversen: Defending an offseason of inactivity
- Nico: Pitchers Throwing To Catchers! Cats And Dogs Living Together!
- Adams: MLB Announces Rule Changes For 2020 Season
- Rosenthal and Drellich: Details emerge about Carlos Beltrán’s role in the 2017 Astros clubhouse and the team’s sign-stealing scheme ($$$)
- Lott: Dave Hudgens knew why the Astros were banging trash cans. He let it go on. Now he says he’s sorry ($$$)
- Preusser: Mariners sign Taijuan Walker to one-year deal with incentives
- Fenech: Detroit Tigers hoping third time’s a charm for Cameron Maybin, who’ll play right field
- Schulman: Giants, Wilmer Flores finalize two-year, $6.25 million contract ($)
- Gonzalez: Giants sign RHP Trevor Cahill to minor league deal
- Altman: Ben Zobrist Reportedly Has No Plans to Play in 2020
Baseball Interest Stories:
- Hurley: New Report Stressing Carlos Beltran, Alex Cora As Main Drivers Behind Astros’ Cheating Scandal Is Difficult To Fully Believe
- Landers: Best team ever may be one you’ve never heard of: The 1931 Homestead Grays
- Shea: The 5 North American major leagues will have 150 teams in 2020 — but only 1 black majority owner. Why? (SSS)
- 1953 - The Philadelphia Athletics change the name of Shibe Park to “Connie Mack Stadium”, in honor of their longtime owner and manager. The Athletics will depart Philadelphia at the end of the following season, and the Phillies will continue to inhabit Connie Mack Stadium until the end of the 1970 season, when they will move to Veterans Stadium. After being badly damaged in a fire in 1971, Connie Mack Stadium will continue to decay until being torn down in 1976.
- 1996 - The St. Louis Cardinals complete a long-rumored swap, acquiring closer Dennis Eckersley from the Oakland Athletics in exchange for minor league reliever Steve Montgomery. The Cardinals also announce that they are laying nearly three acres of grass over the field at Busch Stadium, replacing the artificial turf that has been used for 26 years. The grass turf will be ready for the April 8th opener against Montreal.
- 2002 - The Boston Red Sox sign 43-year-old Rickey Henderson to a minor league contract. Last season with the San Diego Padres, Henderson had his 3000th career hit and broke the major league all-time records for walks and runs.
Best of Twitter:
Spring Training season is finally upon us!!!...
Here’s “The Future.” Grant Holmes and James Kaprielian throwing side by side. Daulton Jefferies down at the far end next to Lou Trivino. pic.twitter.com/2USpv1Rcyl— Martín Gallegos (@MartinJGallegos) February 12, 2020
You want more? How about some A.J. Puk...
Baseball! Here’s AJ. Puk, Paul Blackburn, Daniel Gossett, Mike Fiers, Tanner Anderson and Chris Bassitt getting a bullpen session in. pic.twitter.com/5GONskiC4n— Martín Gallegos (@MartinJGallegos) February 12, 2020
A’s rotation gunning for Best Hair in MLB...