The Oakland A’s 2020 season is over, but their offseason hasn’t heated up yet. While we wait for the stove to light up, let’s play some trivia!
This summer’s campaign only lasted 60 games, which means we didn’t see nearly as much action as usual — or nearly as many players, just three-quarters as many as the previous year. However, with the help of specially expanded rosters, there were still quite a few who suited up in green and gold in 2020.
But can you remember everyone who played for Oakland this past summer? Even the ones who only made it into a couple games? There were 38 of them overall, split evenly between 19 pitchers and 19 position players. They’re arranged as follows:
- Pitchers are separated between starters (8) and relievers (10). Their classification is based on the role where the majority of their innings came. Within the two groups, they’re listed in order of total innings.
- Hitters are grouped into three categories (C, IF, OF), and then assigned a specific position based on where they played the (usually vast) majority of their innings. One of them got a R/L distinction for a split RF and LF, and a few others are UT for utility since they split time between multiple spots with no significant primary location.
Without further ado, let’s get to it! The question is, how many players can you name who took the field for the 2020 A’s? All they need to qualify is to appear in at least one game. I have constructed a quiz on the website Sporcle to test your knowledge, with the following instructions:
- You can go in any order, with 10 minutes and unlimited guesses to fill 38 spaces.
- You only need to type the last names to register the answers.
- However, you do have to spell them right!
- Read the next paragraph about how to not spoil the answers for everyone else in the comments section.
Share your results in the comments, BUT DON’T SPOIL ANYTHING!! There is an option in the comments for ”spoiler text,” which will black out that particular text until the reader puts their mouse over it to reveal it. If you are going to share right/wrong answers, please use the spoiler option. It’s on the row of options like bold, italics, etc., all the way on the right side, in between the option to add a hyperlink and the option to add a smiley face; it looks like a black square.
DON’T BE THAT PERSON WHO SPOILS THE ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS.
Alrighty, here is the quiz! It’s embedded below, or you can click here to play it on Sporcle’s site.
How did you do? Are there any that you can’t believe you missed?