- Gallegos: Even down 5 in 7th, A’s ‘never feel out of it’...
- Slusser: A’s score seven in the seventh for comeback win over Angels... ($)
- Lockard: Patience, power and just a little bit of luck give the A’s another comeback win as they push for the postseason... ($$$)
- Slusser: A’s Yusmeiro Petit likely to miss entire Detroit series... ($)
- Strauss: The 10 most entertaining A’s - Ranking Matt Chapman’s all-around brilliance, Sean Murphy’s potential and more... ($$$)
- Slusser: Sean Manaea to start Sunday in A’s six-man rotation... ($)
- Kroner: Strangeness could prevail when A’s, Tigers resume game Friday... ($)
Best of AN:
- Raun-Linde: Game #140 - Athletics Down but NOT Out!
- Nico: “Quarter Header” Shaping Up To Pose Interesting Dilemmas...
- Rogers: Cubs place closer Craig Kimbrel on IL with elbow soreness...
- McTaggart: Astros star outfielder George Springer day-to-day with “mild concussion”...
- Berman: Aaron Sanchez done for season with shoulder injury...
- Speier: Red Sox rookie Michael Chavis unlikely to return this season after setback (right oblique strain)...
Baseball Interest Stories:
- McCullough: The Last Stand of Dick Mountain... ($$$)
- Longenhagen: Analyzing the American League September Call-Ups...
- Jaffe: Adjusting the Twins’ New Home Run Record...
- Sarris: Why doubt and uncertainty are crucial to modern player development... ($$$)
Today in Baseball History:
- 2002 — The Oakland Athletics’ 20-game winning streak is snapped as Brad Radke pitches the Minnesota Twins to a 6 - 0 victory at home. The Athletics fall short of matching the second-longest winning streak in history. The Chicago National League teams of 1880 and 1935 both won 21 straight.
- 2013 — Yusmeiro Petit of the Giants comes within one strike of a perfect game against the Diamondbacks at AT&T Park. Eric Chavez hits a single with two outs in the 9th to deprive Petit of his place in history, but he retires the next batter, A.J. Pollock, to end up with a 3 - 0 one-hitter.
Best of Twitter:
- Reinforcements are on the way...
RHP J.B. Wendelken is on his way to Oakland to rejoin #Athletics bullpen on Friday.— Athletics Farm (@AthleticsFarm) September 6, 2019
A few #Athletics nuggets from Bob Melvin:— Ben Ross (@BenRossTweets) September 5, 2019
-Ramon Laureano will return tomorrow vs Detroit (for the second game, not the continuation game)
-Sean Manaea will start Sunday, Mike Fiers pushed to Monday
-Good chance A.J. Puk gets in today
- Could Frankie Montas still make an impact in a tight playoff race?
Frankie Montas has been pitching every 5 days— Vince Cotroneo (@vincebaseball) September 5, 2019
in Mesa for the last 6 weeks, he eligible to come off the suspended list on Sept.25 for the last 5 regular season games..David Forst told us if there is a minor league playoff game on the 10th, he will pitch.
La Tortuga is a BIG mood. pic.twitter.com/dqidpS2rRJ— Subscribe to Cut4 on YouTube!!!! (@Cut4) September 6, 2019