- Swan: Famed local hot dog vendor, who always sold food the old-fashioned way, dies at 49... ($)
- Coffey: Three questions about the A’s heading into 2020, including the biggest one: Who’s on second? ($$$)
Best of AN:
- Frisaro: Report - Marlins finalizing two-year, $17.5M deal with OF Corey Dickerson...
- Morosi: Tigers, Angels still in talks on Matthew Boyd trade...
- Morosi: Braves have checked in on star Rockies 3B Nolan Arenado...
Baseball Interest Stories:
- Miller: What baseball in 2019 will be remembered for forever...
- Posnanski: The Baseball 100 - No. 89, Mike Piazza... ($$$)
- Gammons: Second-tier powers are emerging in baseball this offseason... ($$$)
- Newman: Presenting a 2020 Hall of Fame Ballot - A Cooperstown Vote Turns Twenty...
- Sarris: What we learned this year in baseball... ($$$)
- Nosler: My Favorite Moment of the Decade - The World Series home run that went for naught...
- Randhawa: The top 40 moments of 2019...
- Posnanski: The Baseball 100 - No. 90, Max Scherzer... ($$$)
- Posnanski: The Baseball 100 - No. 91, Mariano Rivera... ($$$)
Today in Baseball History:
- 2001 — The Oakland Athletics sign free agent
catcherfirst baseman Scott Hatteberg to a one-year contract.
Best of Twitter:
- I didn’t even know this was a thing...
Umpire drills are the content I didn’t know I needed. pic.twitter.com/nD3dXsoEo2— Hannah Keyser (@HannahRKeyser) December 29, 2019
No player has hit more solo home runs off of Clayton Kershaw over the last 5 seasons than Madison Bumgarner— Jeremy Frank (@MLBRandomStats) December 28, 2019
- Two very different types of mediocrity...
Seattle Mariners (2010-19):— Jim Passon (@PassonJim) December 28, 2019
0 Postseason appearances
Kansas City Royals (2010-19):
2 AL Pennants
1 World Series title