- Slusser: Five rising A’s outfield prospects - Former first-round darling, fall HR leader... ($)
- Slusser: A’s top young infielders to battle it out next spring... ($)
- Anderson: Oakland Athletics top prospect list 2020 - Jesus Luzardo, A.J. Puk and Sean Murphy provide instant help...
- Castrovince: Strasburg neutralizes Astros, wills fired-up Nationals to G7...
- Baggarly: Giants have interviewed former A’s manager Bob Geren...
- Heyman: Dodgers to name Mark Prior new pitching coach...
- Allen: Japanese outfielder Shogo Akiyama to file for MLB free agency...
Baseball Interest Stories:
- Stark: If the Nationals win the Series, they would wipe out 95 years of…well, what exactly? ($$$)
- Edwards: Stephen Strasburg is a Postseason God...
- Wolfe: Why Has the World Series Felt Boring?
- McCullough: ‘I just thought it looked pretty cool. I wanted to do it’ - Before Juan Soto mimicked Alex Bregman, he launched a World Series-altering home run... ($$$)
- Mooney: ‘Here we go, baby’ - Inside the interview where David Ross landed the Cubs’ manager job... ($$$)
- Bogage: I tried to be a robo-ump. I left with more questions than answers... ($)
- 1945 — Branch Rickey signs blacks players Jackie Robinson and John Wright to a contract with Triple-A Montreal of the International League for 1946. It is the beginning of integration.
- 1974 — Catfish Hunter of the Oakland Athletics is named the American League Cy Young Award winner. He led the league with 25 wins and a 2.49 ERA.
Best of Twitter:
- Frankie Montas is staying sharp in the Dominican League...
.@frankmontas pitched his way to a second Pitcher of the Week award in the Dominican Professional Baseball League.— Oakland A's (@Athletics) October 29, 2019
In his four starts this season:
⚾️ 0.90 ERA
⛽️ 22 strikeouts#RootedInOakland https://t.co/vlZdSTrptk
- What’s your take?
Turner was called out for interference here. Does anyone have any thoughts on it? pic.twitter.com/2ypzp7jzcV— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) October 30, 2019
- Regardless of what happens tonight, we’ve already witnessed history...
- Place your bets on how it will all end...
The final pitch of the #WorldSeries might be thrown tonight — and it's always fun to think about what's going to happen on that pitch. (If you ask @MarkASimonSays nicely, he might recite them all for you!) Here are a few stories about my favorites: https://t.co/GSfq03zNp1 pic.twitter.com/N6b2BD0au5— Jacob Pomrenke (@buckweaver) October 29, 2019