Trades & Trade Rumors:
- The trade deadline is in less than six hours. Will Sonny go or will Sonny stay? Here’s the latest:
Yankees and A's in standoff. Dodgers and Rangers in standoff. About six hours to go.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) July 31, 2017
6 hours until the deadline. Cold take predictions:— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) July 31, 2017
- a billion RPs move
- no bat of consequence does
- Gray goes, Yu does not
- The Cubs and Tigers made a trade yesterday. Alex Avila and Justin Wilson head to the Windy City, with Jeimer Candelario, Issac Parades, and either a PTBNL or cash going back to Detroit. In case you were curious:
- The Dodgers don’t appear ready to blink on sending any top prospects to Texas in exchange for Yu Darvish:
dodgers will not part with buehler or verdugo - 2 of game's very top prospects -- for rental, even a star. doesnt mean anyone's untouchable.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) July 31, 2017
- But a year after the Rangers parted with top prospects for Jonathan Lucroy, the Rockies acquired him yesterday for a PTBNL...
- The A’s took the series victory against Minnesota yesterday in style, walking it off for the second straight day. Only the Dodgers, who also celebrated a walk-off win yesterday, have more walk-off wins than the A’s eight.
- Walk-off homeruns aside, trading Yonder Alonso just makes sense. Jed Lowrie too.
- Stockton Manager Rick Magnante gives his thoughts on the Ports’ latest arrivals.
- Travis Sawchik: The trade deadline isn’t as important as we think, and buyers would do well to beware.
Best of Twitter:
- From yesterday, just minutes after Pudge finished his speech, Adrian Beltre hit his 3,000th...
Seems fitting that Adrian Beltre records his 3,000th hit while Hall of Fame inductions are taking place. He'll be there someday.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) July 30, 2017
- Perhaps the metrics just don’t capture the entirety of Marcus Semien’s defensive prowess...
That nice play that Chapman made tagging runner going by him -- he gave Semien credit for heads-up, yelling 'Tag! Tag! Tag!'— Joe Stiglich (@JoeStiglichNBCS) July 31, 2017
- 30-24 at home. 16-35 on the road. #RootedinOakland
Maybe the key to the rebuild is literally rooting themselves in Oakland and refusing to play games on the road.— Melissa Lockard (@oakclubhouse) July 31, 2017