Here is the direction I hope the A's go this offseason.
- Khris Davis - $11.1 million Tender
- Marcus Semien - $3.2 million Tender
- Kendall Graveman - $2.6 million Tender
- Blake Treinen - $2.3 million Tender
- Chris Hatcher - $2.2 million Non-Tender
- Liam Hendriks - $1.9 million Tender
- Josh Phegley - $1.1 million Non-Tender
- Jake Smolinski - $700k Tender and option to AAA
This is where I want the A's to be active, they have money to spend and will hopefully do so.
Alex Avila 2 years 16 million
The a's really need a catcher and he's a solid bridge until Murphy is ready in my book plus he's the long side of the platoon and I feel like Garneau can be fine as the other half of the platoon for now.
Jake Mcgee 3 years 24 million
Yes I know its a bit of an overpay but to me he replaces Doolittle and if he ends up closing I would have the confidence in him to do so on any given night
Addison Reed 3 years 27 million
Again maybe even too much money but that's fine as he is another person whom I would be comfortable handing the 9th innning job to on any night. Also I like/want Reed because he doesn't walk many batter which is super helpful.
The Healy situation
I think the A's end up just holding onto Healy, I would option him down to AAA to have him work on his plate discipline (also to make room on the roster to give a chance to Nunez who will be out of options). I like Wendle but I don't see him clearing waivers but if you can trade him for something then do it lol, in my book he and phegley are both just meh filler at this point. I hope Wendle becomes 2nd baseman for somewhere else but who knows at this point.
3. Triggs (coming off injury I want to see what he can do, I think if he stays healthy he's legit)
4. Blackburn (gives you a chance most nights and a local guy who had success before being hit by a line drive)
5. Mengden/Cotton/Hahn whoever wins this out of ST no idea which one and I'm fine with any of them
Gossett and whoever doesn't win for the 5 spot in AAA for depth
I'm quite alright with this bullpen and at the first sign of trouble the gascan Casilla would be DFA'd to make room for any other reliever we can try oh my goodness do I want him gone lol.
Bench Pinder, Nunez, Garneau
Bench Joyce, Avila, Powell
I'm quite pleased with this team, the budget is under 80 million and I like the look of the roster. If Nunez doesn't hit you let him go and call Healy back up. If the SP struggle then call upon the depth, we have so much we need to see who can cut it at the show and who cannot. I liked Hahn but I have no idea if he can ever get back to where he was, if he's got any trade value I would just trade him.