Welcome back to Weekdays at Bernie's! It's the best dance in the game, so let's get rolling once more!
- Oakland fell flat against the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday, losing 6-2. Veteran Rich Hill continued to struggle, walking six and giving up five runs over four innings of work. His spring ERA sits at an unsightly 15.26. Impressive third base prospect Matt Chapman smacked a two-run homer to the opposite field for Oakland's only two runs. Check out mattmcsports3's recap for more on that game.
- The Athletics optioned RHPs Andrew Triggs and Joe Wendelken, as well as second baseman Joey Wendle, to Triple-A Nashville on Monday morning. Wendle could be one of the first players called up in the event of an injury in the MLB infield, and Triggs and Wendleken could both see time in the Oakland bullpen in 2016.
- Triggs could make a serious impact out of the bullpen for the A's going forward, as Jeff Sullivan of FanGraphs writes. Triggs has greatly improved his K-BB% despite lackluster velocity. The article is a very interesting read on an under-the-radar acquisition, so do give it a read.
- The Texas Rangers could look to upgrade at catcher, and while the club has interest in Jonathan Lucroy of the Brewers, another player seems more likely, writes Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. That player happens to be former Athletic Derek Norris. Norris would be an upgrade over the incumbent Robinson Chirinos, but is a bit of a controversial player as far as talent goes.
- Adam LaRoche plans on retiring from baseball, as Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports. The (now former) White Sox DH is 36, and has played in parts of 12 major league seasons, swatting 255 home runs.
The Best Shape of My Life
- Sean Doolittle and Eireann Dolan are still the best couple ever:
Happy Birthday @EireannDolan!— Sean Doolittle (@whatwouldDOOdo) March 15, 2016
sheesh good thing I checked Facebook today amirite?
That's all for today. The A's, unfortunately, do not play. They will take on the division rival Seattle Mariners on Thursday. Feel free to dump any links in the comments below. Until next time - lean on, A's fans!