Thanks to the dark magic of Twitter, it is now possible for fans like you and I to have an effect on the sport we love. Communication with players, coaches, media, and the rest, has become a two-way street, leading to a call to action like this:
Been getting a lot of inquiries about my walkout song for 2016...suggestions ?? #Asnation— Mark Canha (@outtadapakmark) February 1, 2016
Okay, so it's not exactly David Forst asking for trade help or Bob Melvin crowdsourcing lineup suggestions. Baby steps, people.
Let's see, what do we know about Canha? He's a local boy from San Jose? He hits dingers? No, clearly his defining feature is his love of food. His new walk-up song simply must be food-related. A few suggestions from various genres to get the ball rolling:
- "American Pie" by Don McLean
- "The Banana Boat Song (Day-O)" Harry Belafonte (aka Harry Elephante)
- "Peaches" by POTUSA
- "Brown Sugar" by The Rolling Stones
- "Hungry Like The Wolf" by Duran Duran (h/t BillyBeanius)
- "Jambalaya (on the Bayou)" by various artists
- "Salt Shaker" by the Ying Yang Twins (some editing required)
- "Dirt Made My Lunch" by Banana Slug String Band
However, it seems to me there is only one correct answer to this question. AN member "sdjfoh" beat me to it:
Leave your suggestions in the comments and we'll tweet the best ones to the man himself. If you suggest "Milkshake" by Kelis then you're disqualified.