Trying to salvage one win in this series, Scott Kazmir takes on Jeff Samardzija.
Important things to consider about today's game:
- Jeff Samardzija didn't choose to be part of the Cubs trade package that eventually landed him on the South Side and part of the Kansas City brawl in April and a five-game suspension.
- Samardzija's return start on May 12th was not the most successful, receiving a no-decision and giving up 7 runs (5 of them earned) in just six inning against the Brewers.
- Samardzija is 2-2 with a 4.80 ERA and 35 strikeouts in 45 innings pitched.
- Scott Kazmir continues to rely heavily on his four-seam fastball, throwing it 46% of the time with his change and cutter his next two reliable pitches. He is one with a nice repertoire also throwing an occasional slider but rarely a curve.
- We should see some significant ground ball outs today as Kazmir's worm-killing cutter is utilized about every 10-11 pitches.
|CHICAGO WHITE SOX||OAKLAND A'S|
|Adam Eaton - CF||Billy Burns - CF|
|Emilio Bonifacio - DH||Marcus Semien - SS|
|Melky Cabrera - LF||Josh Reddick - RF|
|Jose Abreu - 1B||Billy Butler - DH|
|Avisail Garcia - RF||Stephen Vogt - C|
|Gordon Beckham - 3B||Coco Crisp - LF|
|Alexei Ramirez - SS||Brett Lawrie - 3B|
|Geovany Soto - C||Max Muncy - 1B|
|Carlos Sanchez - 2B||Eric Sogard - 2B|