Another year has flown passed, and new prospects are flowing into the system. The A's have traded away some of our top guys from our last list (Russell, McKinney), and received some new prospects in return for Donaldson and Moss.
With so many guys added to the system in the last few days, rather than starting off with a predefined list, we feel it is best to open up the discussion and nominations for the first round of voting. Please nominate your players in the comments below.
As always, here are the rules:
- Five candidates will appear on the ballot.
- In the comments, commenters will nominate a player to be put onto the list the next round. After the first nomination for a player has been put in, all other votes for that player will come from Rec'ing that post.
- The format for the comment should be "Nomination: Player Name".
- If a prospect is traded, his name will be crossed out, and all other players will be moved up a space.
- If a prospect is acquired, a special vote will be put up to determine where that player should be voted to rank, by asking what player is that prospect better than. For example, if we acquired a a top prospect that could be our new top guy, we'd have a vote for who that player was better than, with the top 5 prospects thus far. That prospect would then be inserted into the list right above that player.
- 2B Joey Wendle
- RHP Kendall Graveman
- SS Franklin Barreto
- LHP Sean Nolin
Let's take a look at last year's list.
1. Addison Russell, SS (1, 1, 1 )
2. Billy McKinney, OF (2, 4, 2)
1. Raul Alcantara, SP (3, 2, 5) - On DL with Tommy John Surgery
2. Daniel Robertson (9, 3, 3) - Perhaps our best prospect now. Our new SS of the future. .396 wOBA in Stockton. But, California League numbers....
3. Michael Ynoa (4, 7, 11) - 7.04 ERA to go with last year's 7.11 ERA. FIP is 3.95 though.
4. Billy Burns (NA, 17, 7) - In Double A with a .303 wOBA
5. Bobby Wahl (8, 10, 6) - 5.82 ERA in Stockton
6. BJ Boyd (NA, 8, NA) - .296 wOBA in Stockton
7 Max Muncy (6, 13, 10) - .360 wOBA in Midland AA, but he is a 1B...
8. Renato Nunez (5, 5, NA) - .388 wOBA, Stockton A+, a good hitting 3B prospect, but again California League numbers.
9. Matt Olson (11, 6, 8) - .400 wOBA, another 1B, and again Stockton Numbers in A+ ball.
10. Nolan Sanburn (10, 9, NA) - 3.15 ERA, but 4.27 FIP, again at Stockton.
11. Dylan Covey (7, 12, 9) - 4.98 ERA, 3.77 FIP, at Stockton.
12. Miles Head (NA, 15, NA) - .286 wOBA at Double A for his third year at Midland. Head is a poster child for why Stockton numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.
13. Chris Kohler - 2.78 ERA, 2.51 FIP in Rookie League in 2013, no appearances in 2014.
14. Arnold Leon - 4.47 ERA, 4.17 FIP in AAA for the third year, and now almost 26 years old.
15. Bruce Maxwell - .342 wOBA, 23 year old Catcher at Stockton for a second year.
So we have a fair amount of turnover, and hopefully a brighter list this year than last.