The Oakland Athletics announced 19 non-roster invitees to spring training, including second base acquisition Joey Wendle, recently of the Cleveland Indians, and Arizona Fall League participants Daniel Robertson and Boog Powell:
The current list of A's Spring Training non-roster invites: pic.twitter.com/Q1vzzosDkY— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) December 23, 2014
A breakdown on how each player arrived with the club:
- Draft: C Bruce Maxwell (2nd round 2012), INF Max Muncy (5th round 2012), SS Daniel Robertson (Supp. 1st round 2012), OF Boog Powell (20th round 2012)
- 2014-15 offseason trade: 2B Joey Wendle
- 2014 trade: RHP Angel Castro (for int'l slot), C Bryan Anderson
- Previous trade: RHP Fernando Rodriguez (2013)
- Minor league free agent re-sign: RHP Matt Buschmann, INF Alden Carrithers
- New minor league free agent: RHP Brock Huntzinger, LHP Brad Mills, LHP Jim Fuller, LHP Rudy Owens, SHP Pat Venditte, LHP Ryan Verdugo, RHP Kevin Whelan, C Carson Blair, INF Niuman Romero
- Baseball America #2 A's prospect Franklin Barreto, acquired in the Josh Donaldson trade, who at 18 is probably too young for major league camp.
- #3 A's first base prospect Matt Olson, 20, who is blocked for the moment by rostered players Ike Davis, Mark Canha, Billy Butler, Nate Freiman, and Rangel Ravelo.
- #4 prospect third baseman Matt Chapman, 21, who has Renato Nunez, Brett Lawrie, and Mark Canha on the roster ahead of him, as well as non-roster invitees Alden Carrithers and Niuman Romero