Yesterday, I wrote, in no uncertain terms, about how terrible I think Josh Donaldson is. Four hours later, he hit a homer and two solid doubles, driving in 5 of the team's 6 runs. Whoops.
Yesterday, I wrote about how Daric Barton is on the verge of losing his job as the starting first baseman, and perhaps his place in the organization. Four hours later, he went 2-4, showing a quick bat and scoring two runs. Jeez.
Today, I will stick to things that I know are 100% true. Facts leading up to this game:
- I'm not particularly fond of the Giants, at least lately. It is mostly because of their selfish owners, and because of the fallout from their unexpected World Series victory.
- The A's are at .500 at this moment, and after this game they will be either one game above, or one game below, .500.
- The A's are in 2nd place in the AL West right now, and they will be in 2nd place tomorrow morning.
- Tyson Ross is right-handed.
- So is Ryan Vogelsong.
- Last year, the A's faced Vogelsong once, and he pitched 6 innings while allowing just one unearned run.
- Only three of the hitters who Vogelsong faced in that game are on the active roster today.
- The word "Vogelsong" is not included in this spell check's dictionary.
- Josh Donaldson is in the lineup today.
- Josh Donaldson more than doubled his season OPS last night, going from .182 to .375.
|Athletics (T. Ross - R) @ Giants (R. Vogelsong - R)|
If Bob Geren was still the manager, we all know that he would have benched Josh Donaldson today, after going 3-4 with 8 total bases last night, because that's just how Bobbo rolled. Which reason would he most likely have given?
This poll is closed
It was just Josh's scheduled day off, and I am unable to adapt to current events and changing variables.
I really wanted to get Sogard's bat in the lineup, because he is getting bored on the bench and that's how I think baseball works.
Josh is really tuckered out from all of that running on the bases, so I wanted to give his legs a rest, because running several hundred feet is really tiring for professional athletes.
Wait, this is the lineup for the actual game?? I thought I was just setting my fantasy roster.