Dan Straily garnered 58% of the vote, earning him the #2 spot on the ANCPL. Meanwhile, Grant Green takes his spot on the voting list.
Last year I wrote this about Grant Green;
Green's move to the outfield has been a success thus far, and the A's hope he can be their everyday Center fielder of the future. Green reportedly had good range at Shortstop, but was extremely errant in his throwing. Instead of testing Green out at Third, where such a defensive flaw might still persist, the A's moved Green to the outfield. If Green can have a good year, offensively and defensively, in Sacramento, he could be up mid-season 2012.
This time around....
In 2012, Green hopped around even more than he did in 2011, playing everywhere under the son. Green, playing 2B in the AFL, still does not have a defensive spot. That might be good in one way; lots of flexibility, allowing him to try to make the jump to the big club in a moment of need and play utility guy. On the other hand, no set position looks bleak on Green's future as a starter. Green might be best suited for a utility man role. Personally, best case I see is Todd Walker.
- Vote for the candidate you like in the poll below. The winning vote getter at the end of the week will go up on the board, and a new slot will open up to take his place.
- Each week, I will take the top rec'd commented nomination and put him on the list. That means that after the first 5 prospects are put up, it will be you, AN, who chooses who gets up on the board next. So do your research.
- Each prospect coming up each week will have a bio to introduce him, written by some of AN's front page editorial crew! So look forward to that.
- In the very likely case of a trade, incoming prospects will be put up to a vote for where they rank between current people on the list. Outgoing prospects will be crossed out, and everyone moved up.
- Candidates will be listed in Alphabetical order.
- If you want to check out Bio's of prospects on the list, check out the previous threads