In a game that was the start of a series deemed to be of utmost importance for the A's, they couldn't be bothered to show up.
Four hits, two by Suzuki. As Susan Slusser pointed out, Kurt's got six of the A's last 16 hits. The other two were hits by Jemile Weeks and Josh Willingham in the ninth. The A's are pathetic.
Rich Harden was not good. Five innings, five runs, all earned--eight hits and two walks, including a home run to Michael Young. They scored a lot.
And Dick Williams died today.
Let's see....high points...
- They only scored six on us, which is less than seven and none of these earned runs go against our All-Star, Gio Gonzalez!
- Suzuki got two hits!
- Derek Holland is not Cy Young, but, as some in the thread pointed out, he was considered at one time to be a Brett Anderson-type prospect. So maybe the A's aren't as bad as they looked. But the Rangers having another awesome pitcher would be bad, so that's kind of a cup half-full/half-empty thing.
- The A's committed no errors.
- They loaded the bases and gave us a good tease in the ninth.
- Oh, and as the picture shows, Coco made a nice catch.
The A's do it again tomorrow, versus C.J. Wilson. It's Lawyerball time. Not much good to talk about these days. Might be time to start thinking about 2012.
4 game series vs Rangers @ Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
|Fri 07/08||5:05 PM PDT|
|Sat 07/09||5:05 PM PDT|
|Sun 07/10||12:05 PM PDT|