So we are almost halfway through the season, we have had the draft, we've had a long losing streak and a shorter winning streak that, unfortunately, came to an end. But hey, we have the moving to look forward to, so we have that. Which is good.
Today's game features Graham Godfrey and Chris Capuano, so there is an equal chance of awesomeness (Mets Offense continuing to implode) or horribleness (Godfrey relapses to his first start).
Oh, and we might see a Chris Carter sighting!
- With Daric Barton sent down to AAA for some "Work", the A's first base situation was a little iffy, with Jackson filling in. With Willingham going to the DL (about time), Chris Carter has arrived in Oakland, where he presumably will take over 1B duties.
- Michael Taylor is OPSing in the .800's in Sacramento, but is not batting very well.
- Kevin Kouzmanoff is not proving himself in AAA either.
- Mark Ellis's days on the A's are numbered. He will be used in a utility role for now, but he is not a 1B, its very questionable if he can play 3B, and Adam Rosales is a better play than he is right now. The only option is a trade, but I do not think we can get much besides salary relief. Then again, we did get Joey Devine for the shattered remnants of Mark Kotsay.
- With McCarthy and Ross due back soon, Godfrey is going to be bound for the minors. The question then becomes should we send down Outman or Moscoso, or should we send down both and try Rich Harden in the rotation again.
Lets win this thing.
3 game series vs Mets @ Citi Field
|Tue 06/21|| WP: Josh Outman (3 - 1) |
SV: Grant Balfour
LP: Dillon Gee (7 - 1)
|7 - 3 win|
|Wed 06/22|| WP: Bobby Parnell (2 - 1) |
LP: Brad Ziegler (2 - 1)
|2 - 3 loss|