Some random baseball thoughts:
- Who in the world could have predicted that the first two games between the Angels and the Rangers would feature the score 2-1? I would have guessed football scores. <shrugs> So much for the Rangers doing us any favors. Good thing we don't need their help. We're going to do it ourselves.
- The A's have the highest team batting average in the entirety of Major League Baseball in the month of September so far. Huh. I'll trade that BA for their record in August. ;)
- I'd rather face the Chicago White Sox than the Minnesota Twins in the playoffs any day of the week and twice on Sundays. However, I like the Twins' organization and team a whole lot better, which is a quandary when it comes to rooting one of them in.
- Although I do believe he deserves the MVP this year, I'm okay with Jermaine Dye being on the other team. I'll keep Frank Thomas, if it's all right with everybody.
- I'm more than okay with Loaiza getting a playoff appearance; words I didn't think I could write with a straight face three months ago.
- What a game last night! This is the BEST time of the year. Sixteen days, sixteen games, petal-to-the-metal; let's roll!
Zito looking to continue the newly-recovered starting pitching trend. He's backed by this crew:
Kudos to Scoot for his 4-hit game last night. Macha is resting Mark Kotsay (WE MISS YOU!) again today, which I think is a great idea. The healthier he can get, the better for all of us down the stretch.
The A's face this great-hitting White Sox lineup:
LET'S GO OAK-LAND!!!!