A's 8, Cubs 4
And the top ten highlights from the game...:
- The fact that there was only one game to monitor. LAA/OAK was cancelled due to the unusual spring shower pattern in AZ lately.
- Matt Watson. Double thumbs up today.
- My love for Mark Ellis knows no bounds, and I was one of the last holdouts. I think the Ellis story is among one of the greatest in baseball, and with the sport taking such a hit lately due to He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named-on-an-A's-site, this feel-good story should be the highlight of the year. But it won't be. Coming back after a possible career-ending injury just isn't what it used to be, I guess.
- Huston Street. But of course.
- The A's win! That's good!
- I even think we had a stolen base!
- If we can get a few more innings like the 7th, we'll be in good shape.
- Ginter was mentioned during the game, and not as the black hole for contract money.
- Witasick pitched uneventfully.
- Kendall threw out a runner!