The A's come off of a series sweep over the Blue Jays! It's back to interleague play as the A's play a 4-game series against the team across the Bay. Oh, and F.T.G!
1. Series Outcome: 4 games [4 points]
2. The Other New Guy: Since Samardzija pitched on Sunday, this means that Hammel will have to pitch during this series. Currently, there's a spot open on Wednesday, but let's just ignore that. No matter which day Hammel actually pitches, guess his IP / H / ER / BB / K for his start. [2 points each] [10 total]
3. Ex-A's Pitcher: Hudson gets to pitch against his old team. Guess his IP / H / ER / BB / K for his start. [2 points each] [10 total]
4. All-Star vs. Almost All-Star: Donaldson leads All-Star votes at third base in the A.L., while Sandoval sits in third place in the N.L. Let's see who deserves it more (obviously it's Donaldson, but that wouldn't make for an interesting GOG question!). For both Donaldson and Sandoval, guess: PA / H / XBH / BB / K for the series. [2 points each] [20 total]
5. Relievers: For each team's bullpen for the series, guess Over/Under/Tie: 12 IP / 6 ER / 2 Saves / 12 K / 6 BB [1 point each] [10 total]
6. High WPA: Name the position players with the highest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 8 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the highest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Crisp," he can lead the A's in any of the four games for you to score points. If he leads in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) [2 points each] [16 total]
70 points possible. Answers due by 7pm Monday.
(Answers will be posted late Thursday night.)