A quick cut-and-paste job that I think is worth 53 points...
Score your Machado Sucks GOG
1. SERIES OUTCOME (3 points)
2. THE HUMAN DRAMA OF ATHLETIC COMPETITION: Do any of these Games go into Extra Innings? Are any of these Games tied through Seven Innings? Through Five? Are any of these Games scoreless through Three? (1 point each, 4 total)
3. IT'S ALL ABOUT AVOIDING HANDS OUT AND MAKING YOUR RUN Ah, Batting Average. An old-timey, ham-fisted metric that does not adequately evaluate player performance. Pick up to 5 players on each team, and predict whether each player's BA is Higher or Lower at the end of the series. Your players must have a minimum of 4 PAs to qualify. 2 points for each correct answer, -1 point for each incorrect answer. As always, Zero is the minimum point total for the question. No points either way for any player whose BA remains unchanged through four decimal places. Take an extra 2 points if you run the table with at least one team. (22 points possible) In order to qualify for the 2 point bonus, you have to pick a minimum of 3 players from the team whose table you are running. That was an awkward sentence, but you get the idea.
4. DUDE, WE'RE GONNA (GAME) SCORE! For each team, rank the Starting Pitchers by Game Score, highest to lowest (2 points each) Take an extra point for each team you correctly rank 1-3 (14 points total) If any Pitcher is scratched, the question applies to his replacement. No revisions after 1st pitch Tonight.
5. SLIDING-SCALE LONG BALL: Who hits the first HR for each team in this series? You can guess up to 3 players from each team. A correct answer based on 3 guesses is worth 1 point. A correct answer based on 2 guesses is worth 3 points. A correct answer based on 1 guess is worth 5 points. You can guess "Nobody" for either team. A correct "Nobody" is worth 3 points. (10 points possible, in theory)
Answers due by 7:05 pm PDT. Good Luck, and Let's Go A's!