Elephants vs. Marlins: who wins in that fight?
1. Series outcome (3 points)
2. Pre-Home Run Derby: Who wouldn't want to watch a Yoenis Cespedes vs. Giancarlo Stanton HR Derby finals? Who hits more homers this series? (1 point) Between the two of them who hits the longest HR? (1 point) What's the distance? (10 points if exact, 5 points if within 10 feet, 3 points if within 5 feet) EDITED TO INCLUDE TIE AS AN OPTION. For those of you that already answered these a tie will count for points.
3. The only lefties scheduled to pitch are matched up against each other: Predict Tommy Milone and Andrew Heaney's pitching line. IP/H/ER/K/BB (2 points each, 20 total)
4. Now that Josh Reddick is back, how many starts does he get in RF this series? (2 points) Does he make a catch that ends up in the highlights? (1 point) How many outfield assists does he get? (2 points) (5 points total)
5. AL vs. NL, will the Marlins pitchers hit better than the A's pitchers? Which team has more pitcher hits? Which team has more pitcher sacrifice bunts? Which team has more pitcher's strike out? (2 points each, 6 total. TIE IS AN ACCEPTABLE ANSWER)
6a) how many homers combined? (2 points)
b) how many errors? ( 2 points)
c) how many wild pitches? ( 2 points)
d) Which starter will have the highest game score? ( 3 points) What is it? (5 if exact, 3 if within 3, 1 if within 5)
(44-58 points available)
Answers due by 4:10 PM Pacific