1. Series Outcome: 4 games [4 points]
2. Guess the Pitcher: Saturday's starting pitcher is a mystery since Pomeranz had a run-in with a chair after his poor outing on Monday. Who starts for the A's on Saturday? [3 points] Guess his IP / H / ER / BB / K for the outing. [2 points each] [13 total]
EDIT: Answers go for whoever starts on Saturday (normal or call-up). Feel free to change responses before Thursday's game.
3. X-A's: Jonny Gomes and Stephen Drew come back to the Coliseum, having given up their white shoes for some red sox. Let's see if the A's are doing better at the Right/Left Field and Shortstop positions. For all games that either Gomes or Drew starts, are their accumulated stats better than whoever starts for the A's in Right/Left Field or Shortstop, respectively? When Gomes starts in Right or Left Field, I'll accumulate his stats along with the A's starting Right or Left Fielder. When Drew starts at Shortstop, I'll accumulate his stats along with the A's starting Shortstop. For each stat, guess:
Gomes/A's/Tie: More H / More XBH / More BB / Fewer K / More RBI
Drew/A's/Tie: More H / More XBH / More BB / Fewer K / More RBI [2 points each] [20 total]
4. Relievers: For each team's bullpen for the series, guess Over/Under/Tie: 12 IP / 6 ER / 2 Saves / 12 K / 6 BB [1 point each] [10 total]
5. High WPA: Name the position players with the highest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 8 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the highest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Crisp," he can lead the A's in any of the four games for you to score points. If he leads in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) [2 points each] [16 total]
6. At the Ballpark: I'll be at the game on Sunday, so here's a grab-bag of questions about that day: [5 total]
a) Which color wins the Dot Race (Green/Gold/White)? [1 point]
b) Which hat hides the ball in the Cap Caper (1 / 2 / 3)? [1 point]
c) What color tops do the A's wear (White/Gold/Green)? [1 point]
d) Is there an outfield assist (by either team)? [1 point]
e) What is the attendance (+/- 2000)? [1 point]
68 points possible. Answers due by game time on Thursday.