The A's come off a sweep of the slegnA to end their homestand! Next up, a three game set in the Bronx.
1. Series Outcome: 3 games [3 points]
2. Thursday Matchup: It's the guy out of the bullpen vs. the guy out of Japan! Lopsided matchup or unexpected results? Let's find out! For Pomeranz and Tanaka, guess: IP / H / ER / BB / K for the game. [2 points each] [20 total] [Guesses go for whoever starts on Thursday in case of a scratch]
3. OF Comp: According to the Skankees Depth Chart, their outfielders are Gardner, Ellsbury and Ichiro. According to the A's Depth Chart, our outfielders are Cespedes, Crisp and Reddick. Choose one from the Skankees and one from the A's and guess: PA / H / XBH / BB / K for the series. [2 points each] [20 total]
4. Relievers: For each team's bullpen for the series, guess Over/Under/Tie: 9 IP / 4 ER / 1 Save / 9 K / 4 BB (1 point each, 10 total)
5. Random Stuff: For each team, there are two position player questions and two pitcher questions. Answer Yes/No to each question for each team: (8 answers total, 4 for the A's 4 for the Skankees.) [1 point each] [8 total]
Position Players: Is there an Infield Hit? Is there a Bunt Hit?
Pitchers: Is there a Hit By Pitcth? Is there a Balk?
6. WPA Goatz: Name the position players with the lowest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 6 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the lowest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Jeter," he can suck in any of the three games for you to score points. If he sucks in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) [2 points each] [12 total]
73 points possible. Answers due before first pitch on Tuesday.