The A's start their
9 10-game homestand with a 3 4-game set against the Mariners. Wednesday will feature a doubleheader due to the "tarp-out" fiasco.
1. Series Outcome: 4 games [4 points]
2. Guess the Call-up: Who gets the ball to start the extra game of the doubleheader?
Guess his IP / H / ER / BB / K for the game. (Answers go towards whoever pitches the extra game.) [2 points each] [11 total]
3. Cano's Contract: So far, Cano hasn't really lived up to his contract. Let's see how he does against one of our own! Choose one of Donaldson, Cespedes or Moss and guess
PA / H / XBH / BB / K for the series. Now do the same for Cano. [2 points each] [20 total]
4. Bullpen Blues: For each team's bullpens for the entire series, predict: Saves / Blown Saves / Wins / Losses (8 predictions total) [1 point each] [8 total]
5. High WPA: Name the position players with the highest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 8 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the highest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Reddick," he can lead the A's in any of the four games for you to score points. If he leads in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) [2 points each] [16 total]
6. At the Ballpark: I'll be at the Wednesday doubleheader, so here's a grab-bag of questions about that day.
a) For each game, which color wins the Dot Race (Green/Gold/White)? (Each guess goes towards a specific game. First guess for first game, second guess for second game.) [1 point each] [2 total]
b) For each game, which hat hides the ball in the Cap Caper (1 / 2 / 3)? (Each guess goes towards a specific game. First guess for first game, second guess for second game.) [1 point each] [2 total]
c) How many minutes is the break between games? (Counting from the moment of the last out of the first game to the first pitch of the second game. Scheduled to be 30 minutes.) [1 point]
d) What's the attendance? (+/- 2000) [1 point]
65 points possible. Answers due by 7pm on Monday.