1. Series Outcome. (3 points)
Red Sox 2-1.
2. Game Score. For each team rank the starting pitchers in order of Game Score, from highest to lowest. There should be two lists, one per team. (2 points each) What is the highest game score for series? (2 points if exact, one point if within 3 points). What is the lowest game score for series? (2 points if exact, one point if within 3 points) (16 points possible)
A's: 1) Gray (53), 2) Straily (47), Milone (27)
Red Sox: 1) Lester (93), Buchholz (65), Lackey (55)
High - 93, Low - 27
3. The Battle of Home Run Contest Champions. Guess PA/H/XBH/K for David Ortiz. Do the same for Yoenis Cespedes. (2 points each) Does Ortiz hit a home run in the series? (1 point) Does Cespedes hit a home run in the series? (1 point) Do either have more than one home run in the series? (1 point) (19 points possible)
Cespedes: 13 pa/3 h/2 xbh/4 k
Ortiz: 13 pa, 2 h/2 xbh/3 k
HRS: Ortiz yes, Cespedes No, No 2 +-hr.
4. The Bullpens. For each question, guess one reliever for each team who does the following. Neither is an acceptable answer. (1 point). (8 points possible)
a) Save - A's - Nobody, Red Sox - Uehara
b) Win - A's - Johnson, Red Sox - Nobody
c) Blown Save - A's - Nobody, Red Sox - Nobody
d) Multiple inning appearance - A's - Pomeranz, Johnson, Otero; Red Sox - Nobody.
5. Over/Under. For each provision, guess the over/under/tie for the series
a) 25 total runs (2 points) - Under (22)
b) 5 total home runs (2 points) - Tie (5)
c) 4 total errors. (1 point) - Over (6)
d) 4 total stolen bases.(1 point) - Under (3)
(6 possible points)
6. WPA. Guess a position player for each team, for each game, with the highest individual WPA. There should be three guesses per team, it does not matter which game they have highest WPA. If you want to select the same position player for more than one game you have to specify that. (2 points each) (12 possible points)
A's - Jaso, Cespedes, Cespedes
Red Sox: Pedroia, Gomes, Sizemore
Please have your guesses in by first pitch on Friday. 64 points possible.