The A's start their first road series of 2014 with a three game set vs. the Twins.
1. Series Outcome: 3 game set [3 points]
2. Starters: Monday will be the home opener for the Twins. As of this writing, the starting pitchers are going to be Kazmir and Correia. Let's see who performs better. For each starting pitcher, guess IP / H / ER / BB / K. [2 points each, 20 total] (Guesses will apply to whoever actually starts the Monday game in case they change from now.)
3. Sluggers: How much do we miss Willingham? How much do we appreciate Cespedes? For each player, guess PA / H / XBH / BB / K. [2 points each, 20 total]
4. Relievers: For each team's bullpen for the series, guess Over/Under/Tie: 9 IP / 4 ER / 1 Save / 9 K / 4 BB (1 point each, 10 total)
5. Catchers: We get to see our old friend Suzuki catching for the Twins! How do their guys do compared to our guys? Make one set of guesses for all A's catchers combined, and one set of guesses for all Twins catchers combined: [1 point each, 8 total]
a) Is there a passed ball?
b) Does a catcher throw out a runner trying to steal?
c) Does a catcher hit a Home Run during the series?
d) Does a catcher tag a runner out at the plate?
6. High WPA: Name the position players with the highest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 6 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the highest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Donaldson," he can lead the A's in any of the three games for you to score points. If he leads in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) [2 points each, 12 total]
73 points total. Answers due by 1:10 pm Pacific on Monday.