I plan on going to see the A's at the Angels, probably the Monday night game (4/14), and I'd love some input from any of you that have been to, or even frequent, Angel's stadium. This will be a dual first for me: first time at that park, and first time seeing the A's on the road. Please help me make the most of the experience!
Here are some questions I have:
- Should I buy tickets through mlb.com or stubhub? From what I see at the Angel's site, it seems like they have plenty of tickets available, including some discounts. Is there any reason to go to stubhub instead?
- Where should I sit? At the Coliseum my favorite seats are probably plaza infield, although I'm happy sitting anywhere, including discounted sections, like the value deck and where ever the $2 tickets are. As a unique experience, I'd be happy to spend a bit more for this Angel's game, but don't want to break the bank either. What recommendations do any of you have in terms of a good value/quality balance?
- Are there any sections that might be particularly visitor friendly, or where I might find myself close to other A's fans? What seats, for example, would get me closest to the visitors bullpen? And is that a fun place to sit?
- Are the locals there generally tolerant of visiting fans? I'm not planning on bringing any flags or signs, but I would like to sport my A's cap and jersey. Is that par for the course down there?
- Anything else I need to consider in preparation for this? Parking issues? Tailgating?