Coming off a disappointing 2-2 series against Houston, and getting swept by the Rangers at home, the A's head to Arlington for 3 games against the Rangers to try to pay them back for last week.
1. Series Outcome. (3 points)
2. Battle of the "Aces" - Game 1 matches Sonny Gray against Yu Darvish. For both starting pitchers, guess: IP/H/ER/BB/K. (2 points each). Who is awarded the win? (1 point, neither is an acceptable answer) (21 points total)
Gray: 9 ip/3 h/0 er/1 bb/6 k.
Darvish: 3/1 IP/ 6 H/4 ER/2 BB/ 4K
3. Outfielders. Reddick has started turning it around some - with quite a few hits the last couple series. Guess, for the series, PA/H/XBH/K for Reddick for the series. (2 points each) Likewise, guess PA/H/XBH/K for Shin-Soo Choo for the series. (2 points each) (16 points total)
CHANGE: I didn't realize Choo has been injured. I'm switching him up to Choice, so make your guesses based on Choice's numbers.
Reddick: 13 pa/4 h/1 xbh/1 k
Choice: 9 pa/1 h/o xbh/1 k
4. The Bullpens. For each question guess A's, Rangers or Tie: a) most saves; b) most wins by bullpen; c) most total innings pitched by bullpen; d) most strike outs by bullpen; e) most blown saves. (1 point each, 5 points total)
a) Tie, b) Tie, c) Rangers, d) Rangers, e) Tie
5. Who hits the 1st Home Run for each team in this Series? You can guess up to three players for each team. A correct answer based on 1 guess is worth 3 points. A correct answer based on 2 guesses is worth 2 points. A correct answer based on 3 guesses is worth 1 point. A correct "Nobody" for either team is worth 3 points. (6 points total)
A's - Crisp; Rangers - Nobody
6.WPA - HIGHEST and LOWEST - Name one player for each team that has the highest single-game WPA for the series. (3 points each). Name one player for each team that has the lowest single-game WPA for the series. (3 points each) (Not choosing for each game, but who has the highest and lowest overall for the series.) (12 points total)
A's: Norris (high), Callaspo (low)
Rangers: Chirinos (high), Andrus (low)
Please have your guesses in by first pitch on Monday, 5:05 pacific time. Total points possible - 63.