The A's get started on their 19-game schedule against the Rangers with three games at home. Let's hope the A's treat the Rangers as well as they just finished treating the Astros! [Edit: Not so much...]
1. Series Outcome: 3 games [3 points]
2. Game Score 50/50: For each game in the series, predict which starter gets the higher Game Score. [2 points each, 6 total
3. Pick-a-Pitcher: Choose one starter from the A's and one starter from the Rangers and guess IP / H / ER / BB / K for his start. [2 points each, 20 total] (If a starter is scratched, guesses go towards the replacement.)
4.3B Men: So, it looks like KOOOZ is manning third for the Rangers these days! I don't think "tu" many of us miss him very much, now that we have Donaldson. Let's compare! For both Donaldson and Kouz, guess PA / H / XBH / BB / K for the series. [2 points each, 20 total] Do either of them hit a HR? [1 point]
5. Bullpen Blues: For each team's bullpens for the entire series, predict: Saves / Blown Saves / Wins / Losses (8 predictions total) [1 point each, 8 total]
6. WPA Goatz: Name the position players with the lowest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 6 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the lowest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Sogard," he can suck for the A's in any of the three games for you to score points. If he sucks in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) [2 points each, 12 total]
70 points possible. Answers due by 7:05pm Monday.