The A's return home after a successful road trip going 7-2 over the 9 games. They return to play the Astros for a three game set.
NEED SOME ASSISTANCE ON FEW ANSWERS AS STATED BELOW - THANKS.
1. Series Outcome. (3 points) - SWEEP
2. The Young Guns. In game 1 of the series, two youngs starters that both impressed last year with end-of-season call-ups, Gray v. Cosart. For each, guess IP/H/ER/BB/K. (2 points each). Who gets the win, neither is an acceptable answer. (1 point) (13 points possible)
Gray: 6 ip/9 h/3 er/2 bb/4 k
Cosart: .1 IP/3 H/7 ER/ 4 BB/ 0 K
Gray gets win.
3. Right Field. The right fielders will be interesting to watch this series, but for different reasons. The Astros just called up George Springer, their highly touted prospect to see what he can do. On our side of the field, the A's are still putting Reddick out in Right Field regularly, to the dismay of many ANers, despite his struggles to start the season. For each, please guess PA/H/XBH/K (2 points each). Does either have an outfield assist? (1 point) (13 points possible)
Reddick: 13 PA/7 H/2 XBH/2K
Springer: 13 pa/4 h/1 xbh/3 k
Assist? (I was not able to watch games this weekend and could not find answer in stats - anyone know of an of assist from RF?)
4. The Bullpens. For each question guess A's, Astros or Tie: a) most saves; b) most wins by bullpen; c) most total innings pitched by bullpen; d) most strike outs by bullpen; e) most blown saves. (1 point each, 5 points total)
a) A's, b) A's, c) Astros; d) A's, e)Astros
5. Home Runs. Over/Under on 6 HRs for series. (2 points) Choose as many players as you want from each team who hit a home run in the series. (2 points per correct guess, minus one point for each player you choose who does not hit a HR.) (No negative scores for the question) (Variable)
Over 6 (8)
Villar, Lowrie, Cespedes, Donaldson, Callaspo, Reddick, Crisp, Gonzalez.
a) What is the total runs scored for the series? (2 points) 26
b) What is the total hits in the series. (2 points) - 56
c) What is the total stolen bases for series (1 point) - 6
d) What are the total errors for series? (1 point) - 6
e) Total number of successfully overturned calls based on a replay review. (1 point) - Yes - Overturned strike/ball count in game 2. Any others?
f) How many clear outs are ruled safe due to the new transfer rule? (1 point) - ASSISTANCE - I believe No - is this correct?
(8 points possible)
7. WPA. Guess the position player on each team with the highest WPA for each game. (2 points for each correct guess) Guess which game you think each of your guesses will be the highest WPA (1 extra point for each player guessed with correct game) (18 points total points possible)
Game 1: Cespedes, Springer; Game 2: Callaspo, Villar; Game 3: Donaldson, Fowler.
Please have your answers in by first pitch of the opening game, Friday at 7:05. Total possible points, 62 + variable for the home run question.