WOO PIE! With 5 games remaining in the homestand, the A's have 1 vs LAA, 4 vs MIN, 3 @ LAA, and 3 @ SEA. The magic number is 6 for the division and 5 for the postseason.
The A's could clinch the division as soon as Friday with 3 A's victories and 3 Texas losses. The optimal results for Tuesday's games are based on preferring home-field advantage in the race amongst division leaders.
- OAK beats LAA (12:35 pm Pacific)
- TOR beats NYY (4:07 pm)
- SEA beats DET (4:08 pm)
- TB beats TEX (4:10 pm)
- BAL beats BOS (4:10 pm)
- KC beats CLE (5:10 pm)
- Would result in magic numbers of 4 for the division, 4 for the 2nd wildcard, 8 for ALDS home field and 12 for home field throughout the postseason with 10 games to play.
Magic Number = 163 - A's Wins(89) - OppL
- 14 = BOS (L vs BAL; 2vsBAL, 3vsTOR, 2@COL, 3@BAL) (season series tied, intradivision too close to call)
- 10 = DET (W vs SEA; 2vsSEA, 3vsCWS, 3@MIN, 3@MIA) (163 - 89 - 63 - 1(season series advantage))
- 6 = TEX (W @ TAM; 2@TAM, 3@KC, 4vsHOU, 4vsLAA)
- 6 = TAM (L vs TEX; 2vsTEX, 4vsBAL, 3@NYY, 3@TOR)
- 5 = CLE (W @ KC; 1@KC, 4vsHOU, 2vsCWS, 4@MIN)
- 4 = BAL (W @ BOS; 2@BOS, 4@TAM, 3vsTOR, 3vsBOS)
- 2 = NYY (L @ TOR; 2@TOR, 3vsSF, 3vsTAM, 3@HOU)
- 2 = KC (L vs CLE; 1vsCLE, 3vsTEX, 3@SEA, 4@CWS)