I think we're all rightly focused on the division magic number of 7 with 12 games remaining overall.
With 6 games remaining in the homestand, the A's have 2 vs LAA, 4 vs MIN, 3 @ LAA, and 3 @ SEA.
The A's could clinch the division as soon as Friday. The optimal results for Tuesday's games are based on preferring home-field advantage in the race amongst division leaders.
- TOR beats NYY (4:07 pm Pacific)
- SEA beats DET (4:08 pm)
- TB beats TEX (4:10 pm)
- BAL beats BOS (4:10 pm)
- KC beats CLE (5:10 pm)
- OAK beats LAA (7:05 pm)
- Would result in magic numbers of 5 for the division, 5 for the postseason, 10 for ALDS home field and 14 for home field throughout the postseason.
Magic Number = 163 - A's Wins - OppL
- 16 = BOS (Idle; 3vsBAL, 3vsTOR, 2@COL, 3@BAL)
- 12 = DET (W vs SEA; 3vsSEA, 3vsCWS, 3@MIN, 3@MIA)
- 7 = TEX (L @ TAM; 3@TAM, 3@KC, 4vsHOU, 4vsLAA)
- 8 = TAM (W vs TEX; 3vsTEX, 4vsBAL, 3@NYY, 3@TOR)
- 6 = CLE (L @ KC; 2@KC, 4vsHOU, 2vsCWS, 4@MIN)
- 5 = BAL (Idle; 3@BOS, 4@TAM, 3vsTOR, 3vsBOS)
- 4 = NYY (Idle; 3@TOR, 3vsSF, 3vsTAM, 3@HOU)
- 4 = KC (W vs CLE; 2vsCLE, 3vsTEX, 3@SEA, 4@CWS)