My Manager at the Tile Factory is an Angels fan. He comes by it honestly; he loved Reggie when he was a kid, and remembers his slegnA years fondly. Fair enough. We've worked alongside one another for over 20 years, and for the most part we treat each others' fandom with respect. But I swear, the last couple of years that dude has gloated shamelessly after every high-profile free agent signing. He wrote out this year's projected batting order on a huge dry erase board! Who knows what he was doing in front of that thing each morning before the rest of us got there? And hey, don't worry about the Pitching. Blanton and Hanson will be just fine. Besides, they're gonna get a ton of run support, amiright? I mean, just LOOK AT THIS LINEUP!
It goes without saying that I got an earful of Mike Trout's transcendent awesomeness.
He's probably never going to see this, so...
THE QUESTIONS (71 points possible, but unlikely)
1. SERIES OUTCOME (3 points) slegnA, 2-1
2. RUN, RUN, RUN (LINE) Predict Over/Under 6.5 Runs per Game, both teams combined (3 points) Over/Under/Over
3. ALUMNI DAY With Bourjos on the shelf, Collin Cowgill is seeing some playing time. That's nice. Meanwhile, with Howie Kendrick back in the saddle, Grant Green might not be so lucky. Predict AB/H/XBH for Cowgill and Green (2 points each) Does Green appear in at least two of these games? (1 point, 13 total) Cowgill: 1/0/0 Green: 3/0/0 Yes, Green shows up twice.
4. FEELING "NOT SO FRESH" I bet you know where I'm going with this! Predict IP/H/ER/BB/K for C.J. Wilson (2 points each) Now, do the same for A.J. Griffin. Griffin's been top-notch lately, but he still has a case of Homer-Itis. Does A.J. surrender more Dingers than C.J. in their respective Starts? (1 point, 21 total) If either Pitcher is scratched, the question applies to their replacement. Feel free to revise before gametime. Wilson: 7/4/1/3/6 Griffin: 6/1/2/2/6 Yes, Griffin>Wilson, HR.
5. EVERYBODY'S HAVING A GOOD WEEK Well maybe not everyone, but isn't it nice to see Josh Reddick healthy and productive? How about Yoenis Cespedes and his 10 RBI this past week? And Josh Donaldson nudging his BA back over .300? And Brandon Moss chasing 30 HRs? Answer Reddick, Cespedes, Donaldson, or Moss for the following:
a) Who has more Base Hits? Cespedes
b) Who hits at least one Home Run? Cespedes
c) Who has the most RBI? Cespedes
d) Who has the most Strikeouts? Cespedes, Donaldson
A tie earns you points, a zero for all four players in any category means no points for that category. (2 points each, 8 total)
6. BULLPEN CONNECT 4 For each team, name the Relief Pitcher who:
a) Pitches the most Innings Scribner, Balfour, Otero/Rasmus
b) Gives up the most Hits Figueroa/Rasmus
c) Walks the most Batters Neshek/Kohn
d) Notches the most Strikeouts (2 points per RP, 4 per category) Balfour/Rasmus
A tie in any category counts for points. Zeros for any category do not constitute a tie. No points for that team in that category, unless you specifically guess "zero" or "nobody". Take an extra 3 points if you correctly guess both Pitchers in at least one category. Take an extra 4 points if you correctly guess either team's pitchers in all four categories. 4 points max for this part. (23 points, if you run the table!)
Answers due by Monday, 7:05 pm PDT. Good Luck, and Let's Go A's