A's head up across the border to Toronto for a 4-game set, Friday through Monday. Hopefully they can get their bats going and the pitching back on track.
1, Series Outcome. (4 Points)
2. Their HR Champ v. Our HR Derby Champ. Edwin Encarnacion leads the Jays with 30 HRs for the season. Yoenis Cespedes won the HR Derby, though hasn't been nearly as good as Encarnacion in hitting during the actual games. For each for the series, guess AB/H/XBH/K/HR (2 points each) Does either have a 2 HR + game? (1 point) (21 points possible)
Neither with 2-HR Game
3. The Starters. For each team, rank the starting pitchers, highest to lowest, by their game score in the series. (2 points each). What is the single highest game score in the series? (3 points exact, 1 point for +/- 3) What is the singe lowest game score in the series? (3 points exact, 1 point for +/- 3). (22 points possible)
Jays: Happ (71), Dickey (53), Buehrle (43), Rogers (15)
A's: Straily (64), Gray (54), Parker (53), Griffin (45)
Low: 15; High: 71
4. The Bullpens. For each question guess A's, Jays or Tie. a) Most saves? b) Most wins by the bullpen?; c) Most total innings pitched by bullpen? d) Most strikeouts by bullpen? e) Most walks by bullpen? (1 point each)(5 points total)
Saves: Tie (1 each); Wins: A's (2-1); IP: Jays (13.2-10.3); K: A's (11-10); BB: Tie (6 each)
5. Scoreboard Watching. The A's have turned a 6 game lead in the AL West into a tie over the last week, helped by the Rangers winning 9 of their last 10. Will the A's be alone in first place in the West at the end of the series? (1 point) How many games dot he Rangers win this weekend against the Astros? (1 point) What two teams will be in the AL Wild Card position at the end of the series. (2 points) (4 points total)
No. 3 over weekend - 4th game of series still in progress. A's, Rays Wild Card.
6. Miscellaneous. (8 points possible)
(a) Total runs for the Series (2 points) 45
(b) Total HRs for the Series (2 points) 13
(c) Total Errors for the Series (2 points) 7
(d) Total Stolen Bases for the Series (2 points) 5
64 Total Points Possible.
Submissions are due by 4:07 pt on Friday, August 9.