We have reached the dog days of August, but the Oakland A's aren't sweating at all. They have a lead in their division, a deep, complete roster, and a new middle infielder to replace the lackluster Adam Rosales. Things are pretty sweet out here in Oaktown.
On today's Phil Naessens Show, we discuss the recently acquired Alberto Callaspo, the red-hot Eric Sogard and Derek Norris, the state of the AL West, and more! Listen to the show right here on AN by using the media player embedded below; my segment starts at 40:38 and goes for about 16 minutes.
Give it a listen and leave your feedback in the comments!
...And now, Torrey's Taco Stand, aka the Daily Link Dump:
- Fangraphs has a fascinating piece on Dan Straily, covering his development as an amateur and the evolution of his change-up grip.
- Adam Rosales was claimed off of waivers by the Texas Rangers. He should be in uniform tonight at the Coliseum. 50% chance that Jon Daniels is just trolling the A's by signing one of their players in order to get insider scouting reports.
- Jon Heyman (eww) reports that Monday will be B-Day, in which the Biogenesis suspensions will be announced.
- MLB's site has a beautiful piece about Grant Balfour, his rage, and his father.
- A personal appeal from Torrey's Tacos: The Diamond Dogs stand behind section 223 is awesome and for some reason they almost never have lines. If you're at the ballpark this weekend, go check it out!